Friday, February 13, 2009

There's a Giraffe in the Shower!


Most mornings in the Kreusch household start the same way my sleepy little Jackman wonders into my room, he throws Louie on the bed, and then he crawls into bed. Depending what time this is we lay there and snuggle for a while, then we might sing songs, say bible verses, or go exploring (I keep a little flashlight next to the bed and Jack likes to take it and crawl under all of the covers and see what is in the deep recess of mommy’s bed.) This is might be my favorite time of the day. We get to spend such quality time together without worrying about chores, discipline, or the fact that we need to be somewhere and are once again are running late. I could stay in bed all day with the fun we have. Well today was no exception, Jack came in around 8:15 I was awake (but not out of bed) and talking to Jay on the phone. When I saw Jack come in I was sad for a second because I thought surely he is going to want me to quickly get up and get him breakfast and we are going to miss our playtime. Not only was I wrong but it was our best playtime ever. Jack talked to Jay on the phone a little bit and then we laid down and talked about what we were going to do today. Jack starts throwing Louie out of the bed and saying “poor Louie” and then promptly rescuing him. Well after one of Louie's rescues Jack crawls back into bed and says “mommy see the snake on the ground!” I thought that was odd and figured there must be a string or something so I looked over the side of the bed and Jack says “mommy look at the snake sssssssssssssssss.” I thought this is fun so we laid there and hissed at the snake together for a while. Jack proceeded to tell me all the places in the room the snake was going and then he said “mommy do you see the giraffe?” I was so excited we were absolutely playing make believe. I helped out by saying how tall the giraffe was and asked if Jack thought he might eat our curtains. Then Jack said “he’s eating the curtains, o no he’s eating the clock and the house” (we have large bird house in our bedroom).” After talking about all the things the giraffe was going to eat I asked Jack “where is the giraffe now?” His reply “he’s in the shower…silly giraffe”. We played like this for almost a whole hour. It was so much fun. What an amazing little boy I have who has the imagination to see a giraffe in the shower.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what a cute monkey :)